Wednesday, June 18, 2008

1




Being an old fashioned diarist, who has been keeping diaries for the last two decades (err… nearly), I never took blogs seriously. The idea of ‘posting’ one's personal diary in the Internet for everyone to see and make comments upon never appealed to me. But now I know blogs can be much more than ‘online diaries’. A couple of articles that appeared in newspapers and magazines, especially after the ‘tsunami disaster’ (on different parts of Asia in 2004), brought to the limelight the possibilities of ‘blogs’ as a new and effective form of journalism. A few months back The Mathrubhumi Weekly came out with a cover story on ‘Malayalam Blogs’ and that rekindled my interest on the blogs and its possibilities. I think blogs are one way to keep the creative writing skills sharp and shining. But the real reason why I am here is - I want to be part of it. Believe it or not, it has a certain snob value too! So ladies and gentlemen, here I am, with my blog. I owe the title of my blog to a book in Malayalam – which can be translated ‘Notes Sans Titles’- by M N Vijayan one of the original intellectuals ("after Sree Narayana Guru"according to Joby) from Kerala.

No comments: