Thursday, June 19, 2008

2

What purpose does a blog serve? I am not initiating a discussion (after all a blog is not the place for discussions – or is it?). Any way I am asking this myself. And I am trying to find some answers. From what ever I have seen and read about; blogs are online diaries or journals. But many– should I say most of the – blogs are much more than online personal dairies. And unlike the conventional diary, blogs can be interactive. Some bloggers use it as an avenue to ‘think aloud’ on various subjects – from personal to international and from serious ones to trivial ones.
According to an article appeared in the May 26 issue of Scientific American (Blogging -It's Good for You by Jessica Wapner http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=the-healthy-type&sc=rss) "Scientists have long known the therapeutic benefits of writing about personal experiences. Blogs provide another convenient avenue for writing about personal experiences. Research shows that it improves memory and sleep, boosts immune cell activity and reduces viral load in AIDS patients, and even speeds healing after surgery".
Hmm… this reads like an essay on Blogs. I am not here for that. But I am some one new here. I think it will take a little while to get a grip on this.

No comments: