Thursday, June 19, 2008

3

The transition from pen to keyboard and diary to blog is not as easy as I had imagined – but I enjoy it. One thing about keeping a diary is that you would always be looking at almost everything from a ‘diarist angle’. If you are very particular about making regular entries in your diary or journal – whatever you call it – you tend to observe and form clear ideas about and make ‘wordly pictures’ of everything that is happening within and without so that at the time of actually making the entry in the diary you don’t have to ‘worry’ much about ‘what to write today’. In the beginning it won’t be easy. Slowly but steadily you would master it and soon become a keen observer. One good thing about developing this ability is that you would be able to see things from a ‘detached point of view’ and at times you would be able to look at even yourself as an outsider! I am telling this from my experience. And I am finding it the same with blogs. But unlike ‘diarying’, one has to be a little more careful while ‘blogging’ since this is a public domain. There is a chance that other people read it.
Hmm… Again… Just like the previous post I am ‘blogging about blog’. This won’t do. I’ll stop here and come back later with ‘real post’.

No comments: